Recycling Awards & Events
The Recycling Advisory Board annually presents recycling awards at a public meeting of the Emporia City Commission. The C.A.R.E (Community Area Recycling Excellence) award is the highest recognition given. Master recycler certificate awards are also presented.
Community Area Recycling Excellence C.A.R.E. Awards
The Natural Resources Advisory Board is seeking individuals, businesses, and organizations that deserve recognition for their dedicated involvement in recycling and responsible community stewardship.
Who is Eligible?
* Community, Civic and Nonprofit Organizations
* Educational Institutions (K through 12)
* Colleges and Universities
* Trade or Professional Associations
* Small Businesses and Industries
* Large Businesses and Industries
To enter, a candidate(s) must submit a written application and may be self-nominated or nominated by someone else.
Compliance with Federal, State and Local Regulations will be considered in the selection process. The Program must have been in existence for at least one year.
Selections of award winner(s) will be made by the Natural Resources Advisory Board.
* Success in meeting environmental needs
* Effectiveness toward fostering recycling
* Accomplishment of stated goals
* Use of innovative techniques and technologies
* Cost effectiveness and potential for cost savings
* Soundness of approach, rational, and design
* Ability of the program to be replicated
* Clarity and effectiveness of presentation
To nominate an individual, group or a company for the annual C.A.R.E. Award, complete a nomination form found on this website. Nominations need to be received by March 25th. For more information contact the Public Works Department at 620-340-6339.
The Natural Resources Advisory Board provides public education on recycling at the following events:
Sustainability Fair held in April
America Recycles Day held in November
NRAB provides speakers to local groups and organizations on topics related to recycling, storm water, and other environmental topics. To arrange a speaker, contact the Public Works Department at 620-340-6339.